Alabama Football Headlines (Today)
- Alabama Football Headlines (Today)
Top 5 surprises from Senior Bowl weigh-in
- Senior Bowl weigh-ins are always a great time to check the accuracy of the heights and weights on college rosters -- or how many pounds someone can pack on in a month. The Albany, Ga., native was listed at 6-foot-8, 350 pounds on the Gators' roster this season.
A Salute to the 2014 Alabama Seniors: Brian Vogler
- A career that saw the exhilaration of victory, and the depths of defeat...Bama's workman-like tight end Brian Vogler has seen it all. Brian Vogler has seen it all in his five years at the Capstone.
Why Alabama Quarterback Blake Sims Fits The Eagles Offense
- A comprehensive breakdown of Alabama
quarterback and Senior Bowl participant Blake Sims, and why I think his skill set translates very well as a possible fit in Chip Kelly's offense. Marcus Mariota is the ideal, right? If the Eagles could realistically get one quarterback in this draft, he's the guy.
Bama LB Anderson, woman arrested on domestic violence charge
linebacker Ryan Anderson and a woman were arrested on a domestic violence charge involving property damage. Tuscaloosa police said in a news release on Tuesday they charged both Anderson and Sierra Nicole Patterson with third-degree domestic violence/criminal mischief. Police responded to a domestic dispute call at 11:28 p.m. on Monday after the two got into an argument in a yard. Police say Patterson keyed and threw change at Anderson's vehicle and then Anderson kicked her vehicle.
Lane Kiffin should stay at Alabama for as long as he can
- It was a year ago this month Nick Saban hired a once toxic Kiffin to be his offensive coordinator. Now, Kiffin's career and reputation has essentially been rejuvenated, he has a great thing going at Alabama
, fans like him, and he should stick around Tuscaloosa for more than one season and let it play out some more.
Dak Prescott announces he's returning for senior season (Dr. Saturday)
- At approximately the same time Oregon QB Marcus Mariota's NFL draft intentions were made public, Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott had an announcement to make too. However, his was different than Mariota's. The junior said Wednesday that he would return in 2015. RETURN OF THE DAK! @15_DakP is returning for his senior season! @HailStateVideo : http://t.co/pANcjp6GTS #DAK15BACK pic.twitter.com/JoCUN3E8vp — MSU Football
(@HailStateFB) January 14, 2015 An early candidate for the Heisman Trophy until Mississippi State lost to Alabama
and Ole Miss in the regular season, Prescott is likely to be on the short list of preseason Heisman favorites with Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott and others to start 2015.
Steele, Orgeron formally join forces at LSU
- LSU coach Les Miles has known all about his two prominent new assistants for years and is eager to see how they work together on defensive strategies and on the recruiting trail. Miles formally introduced defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and defensive line coach Ed Orgeron on Wednesday. Miles said he had his eye on Steele since the latter left Clemson's staff after the 2011 season. Miles' first three LSU teams faced Mississippi teams coached by Orgeron from 2005-07.
2015 Too-Early SEC Power Rankings
- The 2014 season may have just ended, but it's never to early to look ahead to next season. With all the obligatory caveats, here's our first look at SEC power rankings for 2015.
Moneyballs and cupcakes: Why Ohio State's Vonn Bell is always in ...
- Vonn Bell was already confidently smiling when someone told him Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota only has only thrown three interceptions all season. "I hope his fourth pick comes to me," said Bell, flashing his permanent grin as if it's a given the Heisman Trophy winner is going to throw an interception in the National Championship Game between Ohio State and Oregon on Monday night.
Dallas Cowboys Top Concern Should Be Packers' Eddie Lacy
- Dec 15, 2013; Arlington, TX, USA; Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy runs the ball against the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports When it comes to Sunday's 'Ice Bowl II' up in Green Bay, Packers running back Eddie Lacy should be the top concern for the Dallas Cowboys.
NFL Playoffs 2015: Alabama graduate cheers on Baltimore, Crimson Tide players as Ravens Playmaker
- In her time as an undergraduate at the University of Alabama
, Sarah Spund had plenty of chances to cheer on her favorite Crimson Tide football
players. Now, as a captain of the Baltimore Ravens Playmakers, she gets to watch former Alabama
stars C.J. Mosley, Courtney Upshaw and Terrence Cody alongside other Baltimore players from her place on the sidelines and in the stands.
Dont'a Hightower, CJ Mosley feel responsibility to uphold...
- Just after he left the practice field Wednesday, C.J. Mosley was talking about the 2010 football
season, the 10-3 record in Tuscaloosa that probably felt how 3-10 would feel at most programs. Mosley remembers that it was Dont'a Hightower, a rising junior in the summer of 2010, who took control in the offseason for Alabama
, setting the foundation for a fierce 2011 Crimson Tide defense that would allow only 8.1 points per game and would allow precisely zero to rival LSU in the BCS national title game.
Photo gallery: Missouri Tiger Shane Ray declares for NFL
- Missouri Tigers defensive lineman Shane Ray reacts after being ejected for targeting Alabama
Crimson Tide quarterback Blake Sims in the second quarter during the University of Missouri and University of Alabama
SEC Championship football
game in ...
Defensive tackle Jonathan Taylor set to join Alabama Crimson Tide
- Jonathan Taylor will get his next chance to play major college football
at the University of Alabama
, a source has confirmed to AL.com. BamaOnline and TideSports reported late Tuesday night that Taylor was expected to enroll at Alabama
and begin classes this week, but BamaMag reached Taylor and he told the website he hadn't made his decision yet.
Trio of 200-yard rushers headlines AP all-bowl team
- While the college football
season won't officially end until Oregon and Ohio State play in the inaugural College Football
Playoff national championship game, all 38 postseason games with ''bowl'' in the title have been completed.
'I just inherited them': Ohio State safety Tyvis Powell is...
- Tyvis Powell left the Superdome turf with the gameball tucked under his arm. Moments earlier he had picked off Alabama
quarterback Blake Sims to seal Ohio State's win over the Crimson Tide in a College Football
Playoff semifinal at the Sugar Bowl.
What did we learn about Buckeyes QB Cardale Jones? Ohio State-Alabama TV Rewtach
- Notes and observations on Ohio State's 42-35 win over Alabama
in a College Football
Playoff semifinal at the Sugar Bowl after watching the TV broadcast. There were two things Buckeyes quarterback Cardale Jones needed to do for Ohio State to have a chance at beating Alabama
: He would have to run, and he would have to make good decisions under pressure.
Alabama right tackle Austin Shepherd accepts Senior Bowl invite
offensive lineman Austin Shepherd and Alabama
tight end Brian Vogler arrive at Alabama
's Sugar Bowl media day in the Superdome, Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2014, in New Orleans. Alabama
squares off against Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl Jan. 1, with the winner moving on to the college football
playoff final Jan. 12 in Arlington, Texas.
OSU's Jones remains calm under pressure
- The pressure that built up on Ohio State University's quarterback in the days leading up to the Allstate Sugar Bowl easily slipped off him. If the tension of facing the top-ranked Alabama
Crimson Tide bothered him in the slightest way Thursday at the Mercedes Benz Superdome, there was no way to tell.
As in the Sugar Bowl, Alabama's season marred by vulnerable defense
- The result was a team that got caught up in a couple of shootouts, gave up too many big plays and finally succumbed to Ohio State 42-35 in the playoff semifinals Thursday night in New Orleans. With Lane Kiffin 's offense piling up yards and points, this wasn't vintage Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban 's team fell short of the national championship game and a shot at its fourth title in six years.