Alabama Football Headlines (Today)
- Alabama Football Headlines (Today)
- Disappointing ends to their regular seasons will unite Auburn and Wisconsin when they meet in the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day, but the poor finishes are unlikely to be the main things on the minds of the Tigers and Badgers.
AP sources: Bobo set to take over at Colorado St
- Colorado State is turning to another high-profile Southeastern Conference assistant to run its program, bringing in Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo as head coach, according to two people familiar with the negotiations.
Dogs name Hocke head of strength and conditioning
- University of Alabama
Strength and Conditioning coach Mark Hocke has been named Director of Strength and Conditioning at the University of Georgia according to an announcement Sunday by UGA head coach Mark Richt. "After a national search we're excited to have Mark Hocke joining our staff as head of our strength and conditioning program," said Richt.
Crimson Tide Continue Bowl Practice with Ohio State Prep - rolltide.com
- Crimson Tide Continue Bowl Practice with Ohio State Preprolltide.comTUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The top-seeded Alabama football
team continued Ohio State preparations on Saturday afternoon with a two-hour practice in full pads inside the Hank Crisp Indoor Facility. It was the second day of work on Ohio State, the Crimson Tide's .
LSU Tigers season review
- LSU will enter 2015 with the same glaring question that faced the Tigers entering a roller coaster 2014 season: Who will be the starting quarterback? The job belonged to Anthony Jennings for all but one game this fall a blowout loss at Auburn but freshman Brandon Harris hasn't been able to push past the inconsistent sophomore. While LSU's defense rebounded from an awful start to eventually lead the SEC in total defense at 305.8 yards allowed per game, the quarterback issues plagued the offense for most of the season, and Cam Cameron's attack was frustratingly unproductive as a result.
Forde-Yard Dash: Bowl edition
- Pat Forde dashes through everything you need to know for the first College Football
Playoff bowl season.
Traffic jam makes Alabama players late from first Sugar Bowl practice
offensive linemen Austin Shepherd and Dominick Jackson work against offensive lineman Will Davis in drills during Alabama football
practice Tuesday afternoon. Cam Robinson was one of three Tide players who was late to Tuesday's practice because of tie-ups on the roads in Mississippi.
Saban, Tide 'very sorry' about shooting death of Auburn freshmana
- Freshman tailback was shot and killed at a party early Sunday morning at an apartment complex near the Auburn campus. Saban, Tide 'very sorry' about shooting death of Auburn freshman Jakell Mitchell Freshman tailback was shot and killed at a party early Sunday morning at an apartment complex near the Auburn campus.
Can Ohio State football beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl? Share your prediction and scouting...
- Can Ohio State football
in the Sugar Bowl? Share your prediction and scouting report with Buckeye fans today at 1 p.m. Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer, right, smiles along side quarterback Cardale Jones during the second half of the Big Ten Conference championship NCAA college football
game against Wisconsin Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014, in Indianapolis. The stage has been set for the inaugural college football
Cincinnati Bengals' DE Wallace Gilberry says Tide will...
- Cincinnati Bengals defensive end Wallace Gilberry tackles Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel in the first quarter of an NFL game on Sunday, Dec. 14, 2014, in Cleveland. The Cincinnati Bengals have more former Alabama
players on their active roster than any other NFL team.
The Jumbo Package | 12.15.14
- We're a little Amari heavy this morning, but seeing as he's one of the greatest players to ever wear crimson, I think we can spare the digital ink. It was a story Amari Cooper had never told his mother.
Alabama season review
- There were moments where it appeared as if the dynasty was dying. But Alabama
wouldn't go down that easily.
Big offensive tackle Matt Womack's father shares why son committed to Alabama
- Matt Womack was committed to LSU for several months, but made the switch and committed to Alabama
this weekend on his official visit to the school. Womack is listed as a 3-star recruit on the 247Sports composite rankings, but offensive tackles in the 6-foot-7, 320-pound range don't grow on trees.
Auburn hires Muschamp as defensive coordinator
- AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- Auburn hired former Florida coach Will Muschamp as defensive coordinator Friday, hoping he can rebuild a defense that struggled badly late in the season.
Matchups to watch: Ohio State vs. Alabama
- The Allstate Sugar Bowl will feature two of the most storied programs and winningest coaches in college football
history. What matchups may help decide the game? Ezekiel Elliott vs Alabama
rush defense First-year starter Ezekiel Elliott has improved as the season progressed.
Court reinstates suit against Saban's daughter
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) -- A judge in Tuscaloosa was wrong to throw out a lawsuit claiming the daughter of University of Alabama football
coach Nick Saban beat up a sorority sister during a fight after a night of drinking, the Alabama
Supreme Court ruled Friday.
(L-R) Blake Sims, Cardale Jones, Marcus Mariota, and Jamis Winston
- Like a lot of people around the country, when the final CFP rankings came out to determine the four playoff teams vying for this season's national title, I was skeptical that the selection committee got it right. However, with a few days to reflect on it, I have come to the realization that they did in fact get it correct and the four most qualified and deserving teams are indeed playing for the national championship.
Evolution of Alabama's offense pushes Tide
- Nick Saban isn't one to make many mistakes, especially when it comes to who he puts around himself and within his program. He knew what he was doing with Lane Kiffin, and now, No. 1 Alabama
is weeks away from playing in the first round of the CFP.
Blake Sims didn't 'listen to the criticism or people...
quarterback Blake Sims has thrown for 3,250 yards and 26 touchdowns this season, leading the SEC in passing efficiency. Even as he quarterbacked Alabama
to a national title in 1992, Jay Barker heard people question whether the Crimson Tide was winning in spite of him rather than because of him due to his sometimes pedestrian statistics.
College Football Playoff 2014-15: TV Schedule, Latest Odds and Projections
- Many chat about how long the four teams in the College Football
Playoff have to prepare, but so too do bettors who want to take on The season was wild, to say the least. Upsets were the name of the game each and every week, which is why the nation came very close to the notion that a two-loss team might just be worth a Whether or not bettors found it difficult to make financial headway on college football
odds is tough to say, but one final redemption tour rests in the confines of the inaugural The early lines are juicy.
Tide frosh LT Robinson rates his play this season at '7'
left tackle Cam Robinson is just as hard on himself as he is in blocking defensive ends. When asked on a scale from one to 10 how would he Tide frosh LT Robinson rates his play this season at '7' Alabama
left tackle Cam Robinson is just as hard on himself as he is in blocking defensive ends.