Alabama Football Headlines (Today)
- Alabama Football Headlines (Today)
Jonathan Taylor Arrested: Latest Details, Mugshot and Reaction on Alabama DL
Crimson Tide defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor was arrested Saturday on suspicion of criminal mischief and domestic violence, per Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News . Hurt also posted a copy of the news release from the Tuscaloosa Police Department showing Taylor's mugshot and the charges levied against him: He enrolled at Alabama
after spending time at Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
Alabama DL Taylor charged with domestic violence a 2nd time
defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor, signed about six months after Georgia dismissed him following his arrest in a girlfriend's assault, faces a new domestic violence charge, police said. The 21-year-old Taylor was arrested Saturday evening after a woman reported her boyfriend assaulted her, a Tuscaloosa police news release said. Taylor has been charged with domestic violence third-degree assault and domestic violence third-degree criminal mischief, police said. Taylor was being held early Sunday at the Tuscaloosa County Jail on $1,000 bond.
Alabama DB Geno Smith arrested on DUI charge
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Alabama
defensive back Geno Smith was arrested and charged with driving under the influence for the second time in his career with the Crimson Tide.
I just want to give them more'
- Sims, the former University of Alabama
quarterback, could have been slinging football
s in preparation for the upcoming NFL Draft. Reaves, the former Clay-Chalkville High School and UAB running back now with the Carolina Panthers, could have been lifting weights, prepping for another NFL season.
Source: Alabama's Nick Perry had private workout with Patriots Friday, has another private...
- Auburn tight end C.J. Uzomah is sandwiched between Alabama
defensive backs Eddie Jackson and Nick Perry on an incomplete pass play in the first quarter of the Iron Bowl at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Ala., Saturday, Nov. 29, 2014. Former Alabama
safety and current NFL draft prospect Nick Perry had a private workout with the New England Patriots Friday in Tuscaloosa and has a private workout scheduled with the Indianapolis Colts for Monday, according to a source.
Jeremy Shelley to help kick off Arena Football League's 2015 season
- Wide receiver Tiger Jones has joined the Jacksonville Sharks for the 2015 Arena Football
League season after spending the previous three years with the Philadelphia Soul. Former Alabama
place-kicker Jeremy Shelley made it to the Arizona Rattlers just in time.
Arie Kouandjio 2015 NFL Draft scouting report
- This Alabama
guard is the older brother of second-year Bills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio. How does he project to the NFL? All of Buffalo Rumblings' 2015 NFL Draft coverage can be found in our NFL Draft section .
Jake Coker is more comfortable, but Alabama QB battle is wide open
- Jake Coker is more confident in his second spring at Alabama
, but don't expect the Crimson Tide QB job to be decided any time soon. But are they frontrunners to replace Blake Sims , who threw for the most yards in a single season in school history last year? If not, where do they rank in relation to the other candidates at the position: Cooper Bateman , David Cornwell and Alec Morris ? Maybe we'll get a clearer picture come A-Day when the final scrimmage of spring will be open to everyone, but for now it's hard to tell.
Urban Meyer miffed over practice that 'wasn't a pleasant one'
- While the three-way quarterback competition is the main attraction , Urban Meyer has an entire three-ring football
circus to orchestrate. For at least one day, however, the performances fell woefully short of the ringmaster's expectations.
The case for Landon Collins
- The Philadelphia Eagles biggest need on the team is clearly Safety. The case can be made for Guard, Wide Receiver, as well as Quarterback if you wanted to, but I think it's clearly the Safety spot across from Malcolm Jenkins.
Jumbo Package: Tuesday 24 March 2015
- Drake split out wide some last season before breaking his leg. Kenyan obviously showed Florida what he could do from the split end position last season.
Shane Ray 2015 NFL Draft Stock Falling?
- Dec 6, 2014; Atlanta, GA, USA; Missouri Tigers defensive lineman Shane Ray tackles Alabama
Crimson Tide quarterback Blake Sims during the second quarter of the 2014 SEC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome. The play caused Ray to be ejected from the game for targeting.
Which College Programs Dominate the 2015 NFL Draft?
- One way that college football
fans love to talk up their teams is by boasting about how many players their team sends to the NFL draft. Bragging about the number of first-round picks your team has generated, or taking a head count of Pro Bowl players from one's alma mater, is commonplace.
Is Alabama or Auburn Set Up for Better 2015 College Football Season?
- National Championship or the College Football
Playoff in each of the last six seasons, and the 2015 edition of college football
's biggest rivalry already looks like it could be one for the ages. The two SEC West heavyweights from the Yellowhammer State enter 2015's spring practice dancing around the top 10 of many "way-too-early" top-25 rankings, and will undoubtedly be in the mix for the College Football
Playoff once toe meets leather this fall.
NFL teams speaking highly of 'undervalued' ex-Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon
running back T.J. Yeldon catches the ball in individual drills at Alabama
's Pro Day, Wednesday, Mar. 11, 2015, at the Hank Crisp Indoor Facility in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Vasha Huntemail@example.com ORG XMIT: ALBIN401 "He was smiling ear to ear," said fellow former Alabama
player and current NFL draft prospect Nick Perry , "and that's rare for T.J." The time -- a 4.52 that Yeldon heard some had as low as a mid 4.4 -- will do nothing but help the 6-foot-2, 220-pound Yeldon, whom NFL.com draft analyst and former NFL scout Bucky Brooks tweeted about Wednesday.
Former Alabama QB Blake Sims signing autographs to benefit Grayson Valley family
- The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds will host a benefit autograph-signing event with former University of Alabama
quarterback Blake Sims at its Collegiate Warehouse store Saturday, March 21 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Autographs will be priced at $30 each and inscriptions at $10 each, with all proceeds benefitting the McCown family of Grayson Valley. Each of the three McCown children - ranging in ages from 6 to 16 - suffers from debilitating ailments, including Complex IV Mitochondrial Disease and aftereffects of Uterine Shaken Syndrome, the latter of which was sustained in a hit-and-run accident.
Brooks: T.J. Yeldon undervalued
- There are too many gifted running backs available in the 2015 NFL Draft for at least one of them not to become a true draft-day steal. Beyond the two who could go in the first round -- Georgia's Todd Gurley and Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon -- a cast of others could bring an NFL club high value for a lower investment.
- We've seen prospects rise up draft boards this offseason based on their performances in big events like the NFL Scouting Combine , but there are still some players that I think highly of who aren't getting their full due. I'm highlighting some of those players with my 2015 NFL Draft All-Underrated Team.
More On Trent Richardson
- "Not saying that I've got to start over, but right now, it's just a fresh start for me," said Richardson. "It's something that I can build off of.
Versatile Alabama freshman Bo Scarbrough focusing on just one position for now
running back Bo Scarbrough works through drills during Alabama
's first spring football
practice, Friday, Mar. 13, 2015, at the Thomas-Drew Practice Fields in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Vasha Huntfirstname.lastname@example.org ORG XMIT: ALBIN401 YouTube clips of Bo Scarbrough make it easy to understand why Nick Saban said what he did, videos showing a running back with linebacker size and power, the movement skills of a player much smaller and the ability to make big plays at multiple positions.
Injuries, departures make for new-look Tide
coach Nick Saban says he's unsure at the start of spring practice whether returning QB Jake Coker will be the starter heading into the season. There was good news, of course.
Seattle Seahawks star surprises his girlfriend with secret proposal ...
- Is this why Robert Durst has been arrested for murder? Troubled real-estate heir is caught on microphone whispering 'I killed them all' in final episode of HBO documentary 'The Jinx' Michael Douglas reveals how his son, 14, was left in tears after anti-Semitic attack by man who spotted his Star-of-David chain Nevadans are the life of the party, Vermonters prefer to be left alone and Montanans get along with everyone - What does your state say about you? Russian leader Vladimir Putin said to be 'in bed with a cold' as TV station airs pre-recorded interview amid coup rumours Bobbi Kristina's aunt Leolah Brown points finger at Nick Gordon and Pat Houston saying: 'It was somebody's intention to put her where she is right now.'
Impressive 40-yard dash time the latest indicator of Kenyan Drake's progress in recovery...
running back Kenyan Drake celebrates after the Alabama
vs. Missouri SEC Championship football
game, Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Ga. Vasha Huntemail@example.com ORG XMIT: ALBIN401 Several former Alabama
players had just gone through their own testing inside the Tide's indoor practice facility Wednesday, competing in a Pro Day workout that consisted of a series of drills in front of NFL of numerous NFL scouts and team representatives.
Second chance for Richardson? 3 teams that make sense
- Trent Richardson was waived on Thursday and won't play again for the Indianapolis Colts. But that does not mean the former first-round draft pick Second chance for Richardson? 3 teams that make sense Trent Richardson was waived on Thursday and won't play again for the Indianapolis Colts.
Alabama, Auburn among leaders for elite linebacker Tre Lamar
- Four-star prospect Tre Lamar of Roswell, Ga., traveled to Tuscaloosa Feb. 28 before checking out Auburn March 7, and seemed to enjoy both visits. The Tide and Tigers are in his current group of leaders, in addition to Clemson, Florida and Tennessee in no particular order.
Mad Dash: Ronda Rousey's good reason to not fight a man (NBC on Yahoo Sports)
- Ronda Rousey is at the top of her game and the top of her sport. She's dominated the competition so swiftly, and looked so terrifying doing it, that it has left many to question whether she could also dominate a male opponent. Rousey will probably never be the kind of athlete to back down from a challenge, and would absolutely be up for this one, but she openly wondered whether it's a good idea in an interview with the Daily Beast this week . Her main hold up? How it would look to the many fans watching when a man is punching a woman in the face and it's considered OK, especially in the wake of domestic violence issues in sports, most notably the NFL. It's an astute observation, giving us one more reason to love her. We totally agree, even if we still think she could whip just about anyone in the octagon. Conference tournament week is tough for any diehard fan to stomach. March Madness berths and bragging rights are on the line, creating a storm of nerves for those watching. It was apparently too much for Butler Blue III to handle at the Big East Tournament in Madison Square Garden. The Bulldogs' mascot lost his dinner on the court before tipping off against Xavier, causing a brief delay, and a wave of amusing tweets. It was apparently an omen. He rallied, but Butler wasn't so lucky in a 67-61 loss to the Musketeers. The Crimson Tide didn't win the national title this year, but it doesn't seem to have diminished Nick Saban's popularity, at least not on campus. Alabama
's head football
coach finished third in the student government presidential elections, receiving six write-in votes. Saban was actually a little wrinkle in a much more significant vote , as Elliot Spillers won, becoming the first black student government association president in nearly four decades at Alabama
. Congratulations to both guys for their vote tallies. - - - - - - - The Yahoo Sports Mad Dash is a roundup of the morning's trending stories from across the sports landscape. Check it out every day to see what's buzzing.
Alabama hunting for 9 new offensive starters
's offensive shopping list is long this spring: New starting quarterback. The Crimson Tide opened spring practice Friday seeking replacements for nine offensive starters, including All-America wide receiver Amari Cooper. It's a long list even for a team that brings in top recruiting hauls annually but center Ryan Kelly figures it will all come together. ''It's just about developing them and the drive they have inside to be great.'' Still, most of the firepower is gone from the most prolific offense in Alabama
Opening spring camp: Alabama
- Schedule: The Crimson Tide begin spring practice on Friday with a workout at 4:30 p.m. ET. They will take the week of March 15 off for spring break and return to practice on March 23. The spring game will be held on April 18 at 3 p.m. ET at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Coffee and Cigarettes: Seahawks links for Thursday
- The Rookie Scouting Portfolio While studying TCU linebacker Paul Dawson with Eric Stoner in Sunday's RSP Film Room, I asked Eric if he's ever seen linebackers bait linemen in a direction the way a running back would bait opponents with a press and cut? I could tell he had seen it, but couldn't recall specific example. Ex-Alabama
stars T.J. Yeldon, DeAndrew White impress at pro day - ESPN Alabama
pro day provides opportunity for other former Crimson Tide players to showcase skills, impress NFL coaches and scouts in attendance Ndamukong Suh and First-Team All-Pros Switching Teams Ndamukong Suh will be signing a 114 million dollar contract with the Dolphins today, with approximately $60M of that money guaranteed.
Notable workout numbers from Alabama's Pro Day
running back T.J. Yeldon runs the 40 at Alabama
's Pro Day, Wednesday, Mar. 11, 2015, at the Hank Crisp Indoor Facility in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Vasha Huntfirstname.lastname@example.org ORG XMIT: ALBIN401 Several former Alabama
players auditioned in front of NFL teams at the Tide's Pro Day Wednesday, going through testing such as the 40-yard dash and bench press as well as positional drills.
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Pro Day 2015 Preview
- On Wednesday, March 11, several former Crimson Tide players will try to take that next step to the dream of all football
players of playing in the NFL. The Hank Crisp Indoor Facility will be the site for several seniors trying to catch the eye of an NFL coach or scout.
Unheralded Alec Morris 'going to factor big-time' into...
offensive lineman Bradley Bozeman and Alabama
quarterback Alec Morris signal during the fourth quarter of the Alabama
vs. Western Carolina football
game, Saturday, November 22, 2014, at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Vasha Huntemail@example.com ORG XMIT: ALBIN401 Alec Morris had seen a missed opportunity while observing from the sideline, a hole in Western Carolina's defense that Blake Sims had not taken advantage of.
Alabama's Cooper jockeying with White for top WR draft spot
- Cooper went through Alabama
's pro day on Wednesday hoping to put one more check mark in his favor in a race with West Virginia's Kevin White to be the first wide receiver chosen in the NFL draft. ''When you do something, you want to be the best,'' Cooper said. ''I want to be the first receiver taken, but at the same time if I'm not it won't affect the way I go in and play.'' Whoever emerges at the front of the draft's two top-rated receivers could be picked at least as high as No. 4 by the Oakland Raiders. They dueled at the NFL combine, with White getting the edge in running the 40 (4.35 seconds to 4.42).
Nick Saban wrote letter for NFL teams endorsing former Alabama QB Phillip Sims
quarterback Phillip Sims runs out of bounds during 4th quarter in Kent State at Alabama football
game action at Bryant Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, AL Saturday September 3, 2011. Alabama
coach Nick Saban recently wrote a letter for NFL teams in which he vouched for former Tide quarterback and current NFL draft prospect Phillip Sims, Sims confirmed Tuesday.